Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Family and Other Skeletons

Well, skeletons in the closet that is!
I haven't been blogging or tweeting for a few days because I have become obsessed with family history!
I started a few years ago when one of my grandmothers died, and we discovered that who we thought was her sister, was actually her mother ... a whole extra generation added in. We were immediately intrigued and wondered what other secrets we could uncover!
So far we've discovered, illegitimate royalty, legitimate royalty, illegitimate non-royalty and heaps of legitimate non-royalty.

I've made contact with long lost relatives all over the world, and have been amazed to be reading about relatives in Wikipedia and on authoritative websites and publications.

So, to all the Blakely, Bridson, Sheppard, Rennie, Cowan, Dennis, Boorn, Wall, Phillips, Heron, Weir and Hamilton's out there - I might just be adding you to my family tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment