Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bed? What's That?

Here it is, 1.20am, and I am sitting up waiting for my 3 year old to go to sleep.
For the past week, he has developed the bad habit of collapsing into a really deep sleep at about 5.30-6.00pm and sleeping for either the night or 4 hours.
When he decides he's tired, nothing will keep him awake, and no amount of anything will wake him.

So, if he sleeps for about 4 hours, he then wakes at about 10pm, and wanders out to find me, lamenting "I'm a bit hungry, mum."

What do you do? Force him back to his bed with an empty belly, or feed him, and then have him wide awake for a few more hours.

I'll admit, I'm a soft touch, and knowing what an appetite he has at the moment, ( he seems to be going through a growth spurt, and currently eats 2 slices of toast, a bowl of cereal and a tub of yoghurt for breakfast. Lunch is two rounds of sandwiches, a plate of cucumber and carrot sticks with tzatziki, and then 2 pieces of fruit) will make him some dinner.

He is now lying on a couch in the playroom, so hopefully will be receptive to the idea of bed again in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, I'm sitting here on the laptop, Law & Order on the TV, and hubby snoring in bed at the other end of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment