Friday, October 16, 2009

How low can you go?

Well, another successful day on my new eating plan has passed.
After spending many years with eating disorders, I am determined to lose weight the right way this time.
I am trying to develop an eating regime that I can live with ... not a temporary diet ... but a lifestyle change.
But my efforts keep bringing back memories of past episodes of weight loss when I went too far and became skeletal. I distinctly remember a photo I had taken for a Visa to travel to South Africa, and my face looked like one I had seen in a brochure designed to scare school kids off drugs! My face had sunken cheeks with bony cheekbones and dark circles under the eyes - and I won't even start on how bad my skin looked!
When I reached Customs, they almost wouldn't let me in because I looked nothing like my passport photo!
I cannot believe that women seriously want to look like that! I suppose you'd call it "Size Zero Syndrome", but I was nowhere near a Size 0! I would have to have bones removed to fit into a Size 0 dress! I didn't have an ounce of flesh on me and my BMI was seriously low, but I still couldn't get below a Size 8 Australian. (US Size 4).

Anyway, I have decided that I would be happy to get back to a Size 12. I need to be realistic these days. I'm middle aged, its not so easy for me to lose weight any more, and my metabolism is shot due to my dietary abuse over the past 20 years.

I'm not a celebrity, I don't make a living out of my looks, so I'm going to be happy just not worrying if I'm going to break a chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment